The Great Connector

I have recently discovered Twitter. I was aware of it before and spent the past ten months watching my husband, who has always had a knack for marketing, become a Twitter expert, publish articles about marketing with Twitter, and attract over 23,000 followers.

He encouraged me to use Twitter to promote my New Beginnings blog and I finally decided to give it a try. He gave me a few tips to get me started and now I am a full-fledged, gotta-have-my-fix, can’t-live-without-it, Twitter junkie.

I created my Twitter site, attracted my first 100 followers, and now have the ability to connect instantly with thousands of other Tweeps (Twitter people) all over the world. With access to a computer, distance is now irrelevant. Virtual real-time connection with people in 140 characters or less – Amazing!

As I was “tweeting” with a new friend in India, trying to reduce my profound thought into 140 characters, it occurred to me that Jesus is a connector.

If we have a relationship with God through faith in Jesus Christ, we know Him as our personal Savior and are connected in Him. We become more than friends with other believers around the world. We are brothers and sisters in Christ.

Jesus connects us to people who can help us through trying times. He connects us to people who become lifelong friends in this journey we call life and He connects us to God the Father who loves us and wants to connect with us.

If you don’t know the great connector personally and are not yet connected to God, I encourage you to explore this possibility. The Bible says if we draw near to God, He will draw near to us ( James 4:8 ). In Twitter-talk, “Follow God and he will follow you back.”

Fellow Tweeps, feel free to tweet me at http://twitter.com/newbeginningscj (especially if you don’t have anyone to help you connect with God.)

1 comments:

Karen Jordan December 29, 2009  

"Amen" to the "Great Conector," and it's great to connect with you! Blessings

Post a Comment